Friday 30 March 2012

Day 2 Cycling and Art 30/ March/2012


Another beautiful day, especially and unusually for March. Much like yesterday but with a noticeably cooler breeze.
Good weather like we have been having is a major distraction for me. Instead of working on this
work in progress
I was out doing this

But I did see this and many more things besides....


When I was an art student ( a very long time ago now!!) I could never reconcile being active in the sense of what some people  might call sporty with being a so called artist. Laughable I  know and I certainly don't have those concerns now. Artists who cycle and cyclists who make art, there are many for sure. Maurice de Vlaminck was one,always a favourite of mine so I was delighted to find out that he was a serious cyclist before turning to art full time!
Many of his paintings depict roads within a landscape leading through villages, I imagine him cycling and always in decent weather....

No comments:

Post a Comment