Friday 4 May 2012

Day 13 Another week of weather

Into May already and temperatures are  closer to what they were at Christmas time!
I'm an avid forecast watcher and it's a depressing prospect to hear that the outlook for May is much of the same,with no significant warm spells coming any time soon.
Driving as I do to work Monday through to Wednesday on the same route I always notice three things...firstly whether or not the Eildons are in full view and on my return from work whether or not both Ruberslaw and Fatlips are clearly visible on the road into Ancrum. 
 These three local landmarks don't sit particularly high but they are, so to speak like barometers for local weather conditions, a small and insignificant thing perhaps but something that punctuates my journeys with interest to and from work.




Monday am  Not an Eildon in sight!

Tuesday am  Mist clearing 

Wednesday am  Tops just catching the mist
Quick memory sketch pre painting



 Eildons from Springfield  Oil on canvas  


Thursday was a much better day. Weather in the west was forecast to be good with temperatures sitting at 18 degrees c so having a free day we took ourselves off for a days rock climbing in the Lakes.
 A bit on the rusty side, it's been about 6 weeks since we were climbing outdoors and getting your eye in again takes a wee while.
I didn't do much contemplating about art or painting, I was too bothered about keeping my cool and not falling off!!
Even though I was on the end of a rope my pride still does get  a bit bruised!
Incoming cloud signalling a change in the weather





Looking towards Borrowdale

The ferns are just beginning to unfurl


John in the background coming back down.


Looking up on the last pitch of  Brown Crag Wall


2 comments:

  1. Debbie keeps telling me about your weather blogs and how great they are. This is my first time dipping in. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Declan, Thanks to you both ...glad your enjoying them.I suppose they shed a light on the area too if your not familiar, something I hadn't thought about before. Hope your both well xxx

      Delete