Thursday 5 April 2012

Day 6 Creating my own weather memories...

It would seem I have a very short memory and  one with a  fairly romantic view of the weather, especially when it comes to the Isle of Skye and past holidays. I was promptly reminded that the   photographs of Skye in my previous post were not taken last April but actually on the May bank holiday weekend!

We were in fact not in Scotland at all but in the beautiful forest of Fontainebleau last April!!


Maybe that is why I was reminded of Cezanne, France, pine trees, beautiful weather and clear skies and of course home of the Barbizon school of painters, precursors to Impressionism and en plein air painting and Cezanne....

Back to the here and now....
4/ April (Wednesday) Clouds for added interest

After the snow and rain of Tuesday the fleeting sun  today really lifted my spirits


Ruberslaw from Castle Hill  Fort (light dusting of snow )

Colour and texture 
Today (5/April) was an exceptionally bright  but chilly day. Cloudless skies until around 3pm.This  big break in the cloud cover came as a surprise and  with no climbing or walking planned I took myself off for a bit more outdoor drawing.
5/April Light reflections on the Ale

 I think I've found the perfect location for a second painting of Ruberslaw


Plenty to work out, that's for sure!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Siobhan
    Really enjoying following your diary.Do you usually draw in pastels when sketching outdoors?
    Ann

    ReplyDelete