Friday 22 June 2012

Post 19 Oh dear!!


Oh dear what are we going to do about the weather! It has been so terrible it's even made the national news this week (not for the first time but you might be forgiven for thinking it would be for nice weather and not torrential downpours and flooding.)


Walking up around Peniel Heugh earlier in the week the rain was never far away. The sky was beautiful and changed from moment to moment, looking north grey dominated and then south and west, blue.

Setting off, the light was beautiful.

Approaching rain, Eildons in the distance

Big Skies

Ruberslaw in the sun

Peniel Heugh 
As for me it's the first few days of the holidays and I've been in the studio concentrating on those cloudy skies and  rain soaked landscapes. I am like every one else fed up with the rain, but like I've said before rain means painting and I can't complain on that level.

Work in progress

Work in progress- today




Sketch book today
Studio today
Being too wet and unpredictable to draw on location I've been trying hard to work from memory. It's a challenge and as a way of being more disciplined about the process I'm not printing off  photographs and not taking my laptop into the studio. It definitely is aiding a more expressive approach. I just hope I can keep things fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment